We decided to mix two of our favorite things to make an Instagram-worthy, cheese pull recipe. Unlike other beer Mac and Cheese recipes we have tried, we found the Hoponius Union flavor was apparent in the final product and a nice complement to the rich, gooey cheese sauce. Give this recipe a try, you won’t regret it!
1 pkg. elbow pasta
4 tbsp. butter
3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
4 tbsp. flour
½ tsp. ground mustard
1 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
12 oz. Hoponius Union
1 cup heavy cream
½ tsp. paprika
¼ tsp. black pepper
3 cups shredded cheese
Breadcrumbs if desired
- Boil the elbow pasta and drain
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a large sauce pan, heat butter over medium heat until melted, then add minced garlic and stir for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the flour, mustard and salt, then gradually whisk in the milk, beer and heavy cream. Bring to a low boil, stirring occasionally until thickened
- Reduce heat and stir in pepper, paprika and 2 ½ cups of the cheese, until melted. Turn off the heat
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce pan and stir, making sure that all the pasta is coated
- Pour pasta mixture into a slightly greased oven dish or pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and breadcrumbs. Bake 15-20 minutes in the oven
- Serve with Hoponius Union and enjoy!